Dave Jackson is the host of The School of Podcasting and much more that we’ll discuss during the show. He has helped hundreds of people launch podcasts and is one of the top podcast consultants in the game. During the show, Dave will help you choose a media hosting platform while explaining exactly what to look for and most importantly, what to avoid. Find out if you should self-host, own your RSS feed, or use SoundCloud. Listen to the end to figure out how much it will cost for the monthly plan that fits your show best.
- The School of Podcasting
- +More Podcasts
- Podbean.com .03 per meg (300 megs per month)
- Libsyn.com .05 per meg (400 megs per month)
- Blubrry.com .08 per meg (250 Megs per month)
- Soundcloud.com .0021 per meg (that’s almost free)
- Podcastmediahosting.com – More in-depth info and comparison
- Top Podcast Directories and Apps
My Podcasting Gear:
- Shure SM58-LC Cardioid Dynamic Vocal Microphone
- Shure Foam Windscreen
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
- AT2005USB – Used to record intro/outro
01:36 – How Dave got into podcasting
05:44 – What is a media hosting platform?
07:09 – Should self-host/ use your web host?
10:33 – Important Criteria when choosing a media host
12:06 – Media host options
12:23 – Podbean
13:45 – Spreaker
15:04 – Blubrry vs Libsyn plugins
15:50 – Blubrry unique feature
16:06 – Libsyn unique features
17:39 – In-depth stats
18:32 – Should you own your RSS feed?
24:55 – Is Sound cloud still a good option?
27:54 – Price plans, storage space, and file size
31:10 – Price plan breakdown
32:06 – Player interface comparison
33:30 – Media Hosting summary wrap-up
34:13 – Final test when choosing a host
- FREE Podcast Launch Checklist: Launch your podcast in 21 simple steps!
- Podcast Ninja Dojo: Join our community of podcasters from around the world!
- Hire a Podcast Ninja: Save time and outsource your podcast!
Subscribe to Podcast Ninja!
NOTE: If you purchase an item using my Amazon link, it provides me a small referral fee.